Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy 'Niu' Year !

It's THE New Year again... the Chinese New Year (CNY), that is.

History of the Holidays: Chinese New Year
History of the Holidays: Chinese New Year


Normally, this is when many people likes to find out what fortunes lies for them according to the Chinese Zodiac. I'm the gentle rabbit (ahem) and according to The Start newspaper Zodiac Guide, this year I will enjoy good luck, especially in love....wu-hoo!

An old friend, the BaziChic who is the student of the charismatic Joey Yap, also told me that this year is a good year for marriage. However, somehow I have not see any chance of bidding goodbye to single-hood yet. Ahh..... let's not talk about love in this topic. :p

I love CNY because it's when tradition comes alive to it's full glory! I am very much the tradition girl at heart. However, like many younger generations of Malaysian Chinese, many of the cultural knowledge are somewhat in danger of becoming extinct!
My mom with the basket of 'kam' I made

I am a self confessed 'banana' - Yellow outside (skin) but White inside (kepala). I can still speaks a couple of chinese dialects but when it comes to read & write, it's one of my regrets that it's something that I have yet to master. Recently I've come across a new term - COCONUT for the indian of the same dilemma.... hehe.

Anyway, it's better too late than never. Promise to myself- must polish on my Chinese. :)

Here's wishing all.....
新年快乐!万事如意!

No comments:

Post a Comment