Saturday, January 31, 2009

I want to go..... :: Part 1-- back to the jungle and waterfalls

It's been years since my Work Hard, Play Hard time. Many friends who knows me always complain that I'm always busy. I have always been a workaholic but I used to also reward myself with plentiful of makan-makan & jalan-jalan trips. Not to mention, that means I'm hardly at home too.

However, I have been considered M.I.A. by my traveling kaki as I've immersed myself in work for the recent years -- and I meant 12hrs daily! Very unhealthy, eh? Me think so too.

Partly this sudden change of self-imposed lifestyle (I figured) could be due to some guilt I felt after I flew off to backpack in Europe for almost 3 months in 2004 (will tell you more in part2). Yup, I just dropped everything.... family, friends, work and became a traveler on my own expenses. After I came back from my Europe trip, I kinda told myself, "time to build back what I've left behind" so.... .

All work & no play is taking toll on me and I really yearn for those trips again (without burning a whole in my bank account this time... and when I can bring myself to let go of my work). Soon - a promise to myself.

My Fav Trips #1 : Jungle Trekking

As my mom put it, "can't understand why you like so much going into the jungle!?". The first time my friend, Tom, introduced me to this activity, I just got hooked. But I don't go for "any" jungle trekking - just those with the waterfall at the end of the trek...heheh.

Last October, I managed to go visit the Lata Hammer Waterfall -- a MUST Visit place.

Only city people will go jungle trekking with an umbrella :p

and The Reward....... nice cool deep...aahhhhh!

Bentong Curry Mee: Got to re-charge those "lost" energy, right? Detour to makan-makan on the way back to K.L.

Alamak, so many "side-dishes" to choose from....what to pick ar? :p
(trip organised by MyTravelKaki)


to be Cont'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment